Monday 25 May 2015

The Tequila/Taco 10km

No, I'm not kidding.  My friends like to run, some run fast, some often and some really really far.  So to meet in the middle we seem to keep having these Gastrocardio events.  First there was the Beer Mile, then the Fireball 5km, now here we are at the Tequila/Taco 10km.  On my 40th birthday weekend this crazy idea became a reality.













The rules:


  • Each runner starts with a 1oz shot of tequila
  • Run 1km out-and-back
  • Build and eat a soft/hard shell ground beef taco (fixings to taste, can include but not limited to salsa, cheese, lettuce, jalapeños)
  • Run another 1km out-and-back
  • Repeat tequila shot
  • Continue alternating taco/tequila until all 10kms have been run.
  • Finish with celebratory shot of tequila!
  • *make sure you have a safe ride home planned*
I know, this really does sound like something devised on the front lawn of a frat house, but there we were, 11 grown adults on a rural driveway running up and down, trying to swallow and not regurgitate this Mexican inspired gastric onslaught.

I have to admit the tequila was not the most difficult part of this experience, amazing since I really don't care for tequila. The hard part was running after swallowing the last bit of taco and feeling it sitting high above the diaphragm and stomach.  


My moving time on this was pretty good, but I don't think a rerun is in the near future to PR :)





No comments:

Post a Comment