Friday 6 February 2015

How Did I Get Here?!

Not really the most original start to a new weblog.

"Hi, I'm turning 40 this year and thought to commemorate the occasion by starting an online journal of potential accomplishments but likely just adventures in running."

As many out there I had a brief successful athletic history which lives in my elementary and high school memories.  I think I still hold some Track & Field performance record in my former secondary school. Then came post-secondary life and this small town girl was overwhelmed by a new environment, a much larger pool of competition and the shift in priorities which put running much lower on the list than well, everything.
Skip forward nearly 20yrs and an awesome girlfriend says, "Come run a Bare As U Dare run with me".
Huff, puff, little bit of wheezing...
The rest is as they say history.  This nearly 40 year old is whooping ass on her adolescent 10km times.  Going further and enjoying the run.
Even added trail running thanks to some crazy friends made along the way.
So welcome to my running adventure as it continues to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment