Saturday 8 October 2016

#22PushUpChallenge : My number came up!

When the whole ice bucket  challenge for ALS went around about a year ago I managed to keep my head down, not comment on anyone's post and avoid the spotlight of nomination. Thankfully since me and ice water really do not get along.

Fast forward to this year's fundraising phenomena the #22PushUpChallenge.  22 Days of 22 Pushups to raise awareness for the veterans and first responders in North America that suffer from PTSD and other mental health issues derived from their jobs and are not receiving adequate support to help them cope. The number 22 was a study average of the number of Veterans committing suicide in the United States daily. Wounded Warriors Canada has partnered with the 22/22 Challenge to bring awareness to the same issues facing Canadian Veterans and First Responders.

I was nominated on Monday of this week, October 3rd to be exact.  Taking the time to complete the 22 pushups each day is really no challenge.  Recording that and letting others watch as I complete my 22 adapted pushups, that's embarrassing as hell. But no where as difficult as what the individuals I am supporting have gone and are currently going through.
So if you are nominated, like I was, show your support as best you can.  Make a video, make a donation, do your pushups or just say "Thank-you" the next time you are face to face with one of these great people that work to keep us safe.

Here are my first 6 days from the #22Pushupchallenge:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment