Sunday 14 June 2015

Thanks That Was Fun

What was fun?  This whole crazy busy week, starting back last weekend.

Saturday June 6, 2015 - Congratulations Alyshia & Bryn

I spent a very warm, sunny June afternoon surrounded by family and other beloved guests of the bride and groom, on a ranch in the Nicola Valley celebrating the marriage of my beautiful cousin Alyshia.

Myself and Family arriving at the ranch.



Beautiful Simplicity

The Groom and his Groomsmen

Bride (Alyshia) and Father

Brian enjoying some shade.

Tuesday June 9, 2015 - Let's Go for a Trail Run

The Dirty Feet Crew hit the road for a destination run.  Adams River Trail Run in Roderick Haig-Brown Provincial Park.
With temperatures hovering in the 30's around Kamloops this little road trip allowed for a reprieve from the high heat with a shaded run in the trees of the shuswap.

A stairway to escape on.

Wednesday June 10, 2015 - Running Room Group Night


Hey Kamloops Running Room how about a trail run?!  Typically the hub of road runners, Kamloops RR is opening up to the world of trail running.  Tonight I led the crew on a preview of the Peterson Creek trails that I plan to take the NEW weekly run group on Thursday, kind of a dress rehearsal.

The Dress Rehearsal 

Thursday June 11, 2015 - Running Room Trail Group (Lets make this a thing!)


A new role for me, Run Group Leader.  Yikes.  But what does that mean?  It means getting new, curious and adventurous runners out on the plethora of trails which encircle Kamloops. I feel this is a huge win and I'm excited to be a part of it.  Hope I can keep up!

Opening Night - Running Room Kamloops Trail Group

And while this was going on the Kamloops Hash House Harriers were assembling for the #108 running, and just across the street from the Running Room.  Of course I scurried over there to join in the fun once all the trail group had arrive safely back to the store.
I caught a little flack for reprioritizing my evening but was eventually forgiven by the H3 and took part in the circle and On-after.
Sunsets on KH3 members

And on Friday, I rested! No run, no obligations. Phew...


As the days get lighter, brighter, warmer and longer we sure manage to pack a lot into them.  Do you ever feel like there are more plans than days of the week?
What excitement have you enjoyed lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment