Tuesday 5 January 2016

Welcome to the Nuuniverse



Terrifying how quickly good intentions can become buried in snow and cardboard, how many things can change and you wake up on a Tuesday morning already 5 days into a new year.  On December 1st we made the decision to give notice and move from our tiny downtown apartment to a roomier living arrangement only a few kilometres away but at a slightly higher elevation in less densely populated subdivision (for now).


Whoosh, there goes December in a packing, moving, Christmas shopping, wrapping, unpacking, look what the reindeer threw up kinda way.
Sadly both of my December activity challenges suffered, with running taking a backseat to stair repetitions of packing boxes down 3 flights to load the car every other day.  On the in-between days I was so exhausted and throwing a pity party for myself, I forgot that the running is what helps keep the crazy away.  All said and done I put in about 20/31 days, my worst December Challenge performance ever.

Guess it's a good thing we just started 2016!

So that's the real stuff, the not farting rainbows but it happened stuff and I am moving on.  The unreal, cool stuff is: this year I am running for Team Nuun! Brought on as a member of their Racing and Competitive Ambassador program.  So it should go without saying but I'm going to say it anyway, I love their electrolyte tabs!  The Kona Cola (which sadly just got discontinued) and the Watermelon are my special favourites. I'm not a huge Rah-rah girl but if you are shopping options to put in your water bottle during training, definitely give Nuun tabs a try.


Keeping with tradition I haven't made any resolutions for 2016, so I am right on track so far.  Probably safe to presume though, I will be more conscious of keeping properly hydrated both in training and daily life.  There are thousands of people out there walking around chronically dehydrated, I'm guilty of this much more in the past than now. I don't find plain water very appealing most of the time, that's where the Nuun tabs have really helped me. As a result  I've greatly reduced my post-race migraine count and recovery time by increasing my daily fluids, but there is still room for improvement.  

Do you struggle with keeping a good hydration level?  Any tricks the keep you on top of this skill for healthy training/living?






No comments:

Post a Comment